Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Tranquility of Nature

When I began reading Power the first thing I noticed was the attentive detail to nature. I began to imagine the surroundings as they were described. Obviously nature is beautiful even though some people might disagree, but how many times in a day do YOU stop and anjoy nature? Once? Twice? None? I really had to think about it. I stop to enjoy nature at least once every day. Mostly I do this on my daily walks. Some call it exercise, but I call it relaxation. Ok, I'll admit that there is not room EVERYDAY for a walk, but I at least attempt one everyday. Sometimes when the wind rushes through the campus (which it does all the time) you see the grass blow and you just realize how beautiful the waves of grass really are. I myself am an ocean person. I could sit and watch the ocean for days and never get tired of it. The video that I've posted is a very good one. Make this video your calming video of the day with nature. Nature is a beautiful thing. It's all around us. Even though we see it everyday we look right past it. Take a moment to breathe and make an effort to relax for the duration of this short clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPc8b3UvNwU

No comments:

Post a Comment