Monday, May 4, 2009

Translations

I really loved the play, Translations. I thought that it was going to be much less interesting that it actually was. When I finished reading it I was very disappointed with the fact that it didn't have an ending. The ending was not finished. I wanted to know what was going to happen to Yolland and Maire. Although the play is very good, I felt as though it was almost too easy of a read. There was a certain high school feel to the play. I felt like it was a bit below a college reading level. In order to prove my point I wanted to put up a youtube video of a group of high schoolers setting up the play. I started watching it and realized that it was too easy for a college student. Then it dawned on me that I really liked this play and that as a college student it shouldn't be that easy to find a college book fun to read.
Anyway, enjoy the video. I know that I did. It's interesting seeing somebody play the characters though. It actually makes the characters that you picutre in your head disappear, but I believe that it is good to see the movement.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nak3db9_NJY

No comments:

Post a Comment