Thursday, February 26, 2009

Othello

Watching the little blurp from Othello was very interesting. It is always difficult to read Shakespeare when you have to read it by each word tediously. Even something simple such as the word "and" can have a significant meaning for Shakespeare. I really enjoyed seeing it though. It brought the reading into perspective. I liked being able to see what the reading was actually interpreting. I know that I have trouble sometimes because I try to rush through it and then while reading I forget who said what and then I get lost in the reading. It was nice to see a part of the film to get a perspective and possibly get an idea of the mood of the scene. It was very helpful.
Follow up: Watching the movie brought some of the scenes into perspective because although they may have not seemed significant at the time, with the setting change into modern times it creates a more familiar atmosphere. When I can relate to the scene, I can make a connection and I can see how it shaped the play. By pulling the movie in a way that makes it more modern it is easier to relate to and see the big picture about the play.

1 comment:

  1. Any moment/part in particular that offered some clarity? Why, do you think?

    ReplyDelete